What a night! December 18th was Ralph's 70th birthday as well as the official launch of the Ralph Braun Foundation- and let's just say that my Mom sure knows how to throw a party! I should start by saying thanks to Mom and Ralph for putting on such an amazing event- it was truly an "Affair to Remember"!!
Scott and Cathy were nice enough to come to our house for the day/night on Saturday to stay with Ben- such a sacrifice for them:) Nick and I began our day with some shopping, lunch at Rock Bottom, more shopping, and then a good solid nap at the hotel before getting ready for the party (typical parents, day away from the kiddo and what do we do... nap). Then it was time to get ready for the party. It was so much fun to get all dressed up in our formal gear- I even got my hair done!
The party was on the 48th floor of the Chase Tower with floor to ceiling windows all the way around and a gorgeous view of the city. The night kicked off with a silent auction, raising money for the foundation. Nick and I were the proud winners of a pretty cool framed picture of the Colts team from the year they won the Superbowl! After the auction, we were treated to a fantastic dinner and live music. My favorite part of the meal was the little tiny chocolates served for dessert- if you have never had a chocolate that has caviar and pop rocks incorporated I have to tell you to give it a shot!!
Mom had a couple of surprises up her sleeve for the night for Ralph. The first was the birthday cake. Most of you know how I love the Food Network... well Mom actually hired Duff Goldman from Charm City Cakes- he has a show called Ace of Cakes on the Food Network- to bake and present the cake for Ralph! The cake was in the shape of an entervan with the ramp down and Ralph rollin on out- hilarious! It was very cool to see Duff in person and get to chat with him a little bit. Then, there was a guest performance by a truly talented Marilyn Monroe impersonator- classic! Ralph was loving every second of it!
I'm going on and on, and there are so many more stories from the night... needless to say we had just an unbelievable time!! I'll stop rambling, but check out the pics to document some of our night!

We clean up pretty nice, huh!

Lovely ladies...
Me and my honey
The man of the hour, and the woman behind him that made this all happen-
I'm so proud that she is my Mom!

Hands of Marilyn... he's mine:)



No comments:
Post a Comment