Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Countdown to Baby... Ripped Pants, Cankles, and a Longing for Sleep

Two weeks and 3 day... half a month... 17 days... a little over a fortnight... however you want to put it, the time is rapidly approaching for the arrival of Baby Vollmer!!! I can't really complain about a thing. I've had an amazing pregnancy, and I can't wait to do it again someday down the road. This is mainly because I know the end result (enter: little tiny precious baby) will be worth more than any aches, pains, discomforts, etc. But, all of that being said, there is a lot more to this whole 9 month process than the "glow" pregnant women seem to have.

This past weeks events have really started to challenge me a little more...
Monday morning, for example, I put on my fave pair of khaki maternity corduroy pants- did a little squat move to pull them up (you all know which one I mean) and heard a big RIIIIIP. Yup, huge hole. As if I didn't feel large enough already. Immediate frustration (I was hot and tired anyway getting ready for work on a Monday morning, ugh).
Lack of sleep should be expected at this point, but even if it's expected, it's still hard to deal with. I feel like the clock laughs at me as I look at it at Midnight, then 12:43, then 2:15, then 3:08... you get the idea. Frequent trips to the bathroom and many many pillow adjustments later, the clock turns 6am and it's time for another day.
Cankles=Calves+Ankles. It's a combo of the two. No defined feminine ankle, just straight from the calf to the foot. Lovely.

Okay, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I needed that! Thank you to my wonderful husband for all you do around the house and day to day... even just helping tie my shoes. I'll make it through these next couple of weeks with a little hope and a lot of prayer! Maybe if I keep up the 20 minutes of treadmill time in the evenings it won't even take that long!

Hurry up little guy... we are ready to meet you!

5 comments:

Mike and Erin said...

Even 9 months pregnant you look beautiful as ever! We can't wait to meet the little guy either. Just remember, I ripped my pants the very same way...I was NOT pregnant and was in the middle of WALMART. I'm surprised I didn't make the people of Walmart website :) Just remember it could be worse and there is definitely light at the end of your tunnel!

Sandra said...

I had to smile at this post. Its all so VERY VERY TRUE!! And yet...those sleepless nights....they are much better than once the baby arrives. hard to imagine I know...but after teh baby comes you will wish you had the sleep you had when you were 8 months pregnant:). BUT with that said...at least you will be working yourself back into those "normal" clothes soon and won't have to be sleepless plus busting at teh seams in your clothes.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! I was sitting here tonight after putting my little man to sleep and let out my sigh of peace that he was resting and now i could too...and you popped into my head and i stareted wondering how things were...ade, i understand your no response to my email and text(i don't forget those last few weeks b/c mine were not long ago!)...so instead of bothering you i can easily now w/ your blog check in on you, i know a few things now...you are ok and you now have cankles!! WOO HOO! don't worry you will wake up after having him and they will be gone...thank god its winter is all i have to say!! And the clock is laughing its laughing hard because its preparing you...and soon you will be glad it laughed at you all this time...take care, enjoy your last few weeks...thinking of you always!! Meghan

Ashley said...

You are so funny...it's crazy all the things that people just don't warn you about when you get pregnant! Not to send you straight to labor but...I had Jackson at 38 weeks 2 days so your little man could be here at any moment!! Enjoy these last few days/weeks; I can't wait to meet and squeeze him!

M. C. said...

hehe! I cannot wait to meet hime Ade! This post was way funny/cute! Good luck with everything! You are in my thoughts and prayers leading up to the big BIRTH day! Miss ya girlie!