Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Night Mock-tails

Yes, it's true. Our Friday nights are a little less, well, "exciting" these days as the countdown to baby continues...

But you know what? I wouldn't change a thing. I'm big huge pregnant, sitting here blogging in the living room with my feet up (my lower extremities looked somewhat like "clubs" when I took my shoes off after work tonight). I'm chatting with my husband while he fixes me a sure-to-be delicious pasta dish for dinner. I know it will be delicious given the amount of heavy cream and cheese he has set out to use in the sauce:) And I'm happily sipping my Mocktail. Yes, you read that correctly- Mocktail. This would be a pregnant ladies version of a cocktail to wind down the week, sans liquor. Nick mixed me up a combo of diet 7up, cranberry juice, and mango juice tonight, with a hint of lime... not bad!

10 days until the big due date. Will it come and go? I guess I'll just sit back, put my feet up, and enjoy quiet evenings with my wonderful husband (sipping Mocktails) until this little guy arrives!

2 comments:

Sara Huber said...

Ade! So fun to read your blog! The previous post was really funny...I love how you write so similarly to how you speak. I can just hear you saying all of it which just makes it funnier. Your mocktail sounds really good btw. :)

Best of luck with delivery of your sweet baby boy! I will be praying for you over the next couple weeks. love ya!

Sandra said...

yes indeed...enjoy that quiet time with the husband before baby arrives...cause quietness will soon be long gone out your window:). The drink makes me thirsty:)..wish I had that stuff on hand Id go make me one.