Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy 26th Nick!

This past Sunday Nick turned the big 2-6! We had a great weekend of celebration. Saturday night Nick and I were able to go out on our first alone date since Ben was born. This was a very big deal for us, and very hard for me to leave the little guy, but once we were out the door I felt free as a bird and we had a great time! We went to Perkinsville, IN, of all places, and ate at Bonge's Tavern. If you haven't had the chance to eat at this place, let me tell you, you have to go! The atmosphere is what you would expect from a hole in the wall place, but the food is the opposite. Nick had Prime Rib Cap, which is the best part of the RibEye steak trimmed out. I had some sort of delicious white fish, of which the name is escaping me right now:) All in all it was a great date!

Sunday we took Ben to church for the first time, also a pretty big deal. He did great! Then in the afternoon our friends Mike and Erin came over to help us celebrate and eat ice cream cake- we always have a good time hanging out with them! Pretty soon (hopefully sooner rather than later, right Erin?) they will have a little boy to play with Ben!!



In other recent Vollmer news, we had a visit from our friend Meg not too long ago. She moved away to MA about 2 years ago and I miss her so much! Meg and her precious little boy Brodyn stayed and visited Ben and I for an entire day, and I don't think the two of us stopped flapping:) Thanks for visiting Meg!




While I'm at it blogging, I thought I'd give a Ben update. He is now almost 9 weeks old (we go to the dr. tomorrow), and guess what he found this week? Yep, that dear old thumb. This cracks me up... but I don't want Ben to be a thumb sucker and have to wear one of the mouth things like his Aunt Al did when she was a little girl! (Sorry Al!) So I've been trying to replace it with his pacifier whenever I catch him. Just this morning I heard him stirring on the monitor, so I went to go get him up from his nap, and what did I find??? See below...


Yep, just chomping and chewing away on that thumb!! After I pulled it out of his mouth, this is the look that I get...

"Really Mom, why did you have to take that away? I was enjoying that!!"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE had a great time too Ade...I only wish we could do it more! Glad I checked in today and see all the new posts, great updates!!! Congrats on the 5 hr stretch...isn't that amazing? Enjoy your last few weeks, and then it's on to a new chapter! Love you and MISS YOU! Meg and Brodyn