Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Due Date Doldroms

The big day is here! March 15th... the infamous DUE DATE. There is so much anticipation surrounding this day, and now all of the sudden it's here, and I have a feeling we're going to go to bed tonight and watch the day go with no baby yet. I can't say I wasn't warned, but I guess there is still that little bit of hope that he might decide to make his debut!

Just in case you weren't 100% sure: Doldroms= a state of inactivity or stagnation, as in "Adrienne's due date was a time of doldrums at the Vollmer household."

What, you might ask, have I been doing to pass the time? Good question. I was up at 7, still trying to wrap my head around the idea of not getting ready for work. So now what, I thought. I made Nick some lunch, drank coffee, watched the Today show, sterilized/boiled all parts to my breast pump, showered, ran to the post office and video store for returns... then back home. Okay, so now what? It was only 11:30. So I did what everyone has been telling me to do on my days off before the baby arrives... relaxed! It's been fabulous! I ate some soup, took a nap, and have watched 2, going on 3 episodes of A Baby Story on TLC (how cliche...heehee).

So that's all for now. I guess I'll go resume my position next to Gunther on the couch. If he's lucky we'll go for a walk this afternoon...

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hey Adrienne! I just discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago. So exciting that you guys are going to have a little boy soon. Being a mom is the best thing ever. It's tough at first but gets sooo much better:) Enjoy your time relaxing and enjoy your naps:) Hope everything will go smooth for your delivery.
Joy Huber

Linda said...

Thinking of you and anxious to hear about the arrival- hope it's soon! Love ya :)