Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ben's bad day

It's the call every working mom dreads. Looking at the phone and seeing that your daycare is calling- never a good sign. Well today, I was that mom. Actually, for whatever reason they couldn't dig up my number at the daycare, but luckily they know that I work with Erin (who's son also goes to the same daycare). So the director of our daycare called Erin and she got me on the phone.... here's how it went down...

Ben had taken a pretty nasty spill and they needed me to come get him. He had gashed the corner of his eye open and they were thinking it probably needed stitches. Ugh!! I was sick to my stomach. So I raced out of work and over to daycare as fast as possible. All sorts of thoughts were running through my head- mostly just feeling extremely guilty, and needing to get to my little man as soon as possible.

As soon as I walked in the door I heard him crying. He settled a little once I could hold him, but the gash was still bleeding and looked pretty nasty to me. Luckily, our wonderful pediatrician wanted to treat him herself rather than sending him to the ER for stitches, so that is where we headed next. It was a terrible experience- just seeing him in pain is the worst thing ever, but luckily she was able to tape it up rather than a stitch or two, so it was over pretty quickly!

Then we headed home- he definitely needed a little Mommy-time so that's just what he got today. Below is just one snapshot taken soon after we got home. Unfortunately, as the day went on, it did bruise and swell, so it actually looks pretty good below (basically just a big yellow band aid) compared to the end of the day. But we're hoping for a fast recovery!! Poor little honey...




No comments: