Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A House Guest for the Summer

As many of you may know, Nick's sister Lindley is staying with us for a few months this summer. After graduating from Purdue in May (congrats Lin!) she was lucky enough to find an internship in the Noblesville area, which gives her some time to continue to search for the perfect full time job. SO, that means that Nick, Ben, and I have Lin to keep us company for a few months, and as Nick and I like to say, we have a live in babysitter! So far so good- we are about 3 weeks in and it is turning out to be fun for all of us. Ben loves having his "Aunt Lo-Lo" around to play with him... see for yourself...


Ben and Aunt Lin playing outside. Seriously- was Ben posing for this picture or what?!


Aunt Lindley even lets Ben drink out of her cup with a straw. I wouldn't drink after him if I were you Lin- I think most of what he takes up is going right back down into the cup:)


After much debate and discussion, we came to some living terms as far as what Lin would give us for letting her stay here for the summer. I mean, after all, we weren't going to charge her outlandish rent, but there needed to be some sort of understanding in place so that this little living arrangement didn't turn out to cause a rift in the family after 3 months. So Lindley had several ideas of things that she could bring to the house for "contributions" for the summer. For example, she has a self-proclaimed fantastic nail polish collection that I have at my disposal at all times. This is a pretty sweet deal so far, right? Lin also brought a big jar of homemade salsa from a good family friend, and she shared that with us too. And let's not forget the free babysitting- that has worked in our favor a couple of times already!

I would have to say though, her best contribution to date was the S'more maker. Yep, that's right. A S'more maker. No fire needed here folks, just build up your s'more with chocolate and a marshmallow tucked into graham crackers, and pop it into the s'more maker in the microwave. 20 seconds later you can close your eyes, take a bite, and you might think you are 5 years old at a bonfire. Check it out...

The infamous S'more maker in action

We're glad to have you here Lin! What will you bring to the Vollmer household next?!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

This is a fun post, Ade! Enjoy your time with Lin (and your smores!)