Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New pictures of Ben

We've been home from the hospital now for a week (I think, the days are meshing together), and we are quickly adjusting to life at the Vollmer house with a newborn! Life, as we knew it, will never be the same!! We are loving it though... the diaper changes, feedings, rocking, and cuddling... it's all worth it!

My Mom was here until Tuesday and she was absolutely amazing. She had officially been here for almost 2 weeks, and yet she was happy as ever to be helping us out. Between cleaning, cooking, and laundry she kept pretty busy. Thank you Mom- we couldn't have done those first few rough days at home without you!! I love you!

Nick's Mom Becky was also here for a day, and much like my mom spent her time cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. It's so nice to have the help! Today Nick's Dad Scott is here... and he's not doing so much of the cooking and cleaning, but it is great to have his company and help with Ben! Nick isn't ready for me to be home by myself yet due to the surgeries and that, but I have to say I don't mind it. I've enjoyed the visitors that we've had, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of you come our way!

Here are a few of my favorite pics from the last week...


Dad on diaper duty

Wonder what he's thinking?






This one has to be my favorite- his first swing experience!



Grandma cuddling her brand new grandson

Gunther, you are not forgotten







4 comments:

Sandra said...

yeah for new pictures!! He is a doll...can I say that?? He is indeed a handsome little guy....there thats better:).
Remember...those sleepless nights will soon be forgotten....hang in there when the times get tough.

Betsy said...

Ade I love the swing one too. So glad you had the help around the house...and you'll continue to need it. Don't turn down ANY offer for help! EVER.

Anonymous said...

YES! I've been waiting for more pics! He's a doll...so happy to see his bright eyes! Brody can't wait to meet Ben in just 4 short weeks!! (oh and Gunther too!) Thinking of you guys! The lovely new family you are! Love, Meg, Pete and Brodyn

Molly said...

Thank you for the pictures. I've been wondering what he looks like! He's darling. So glad for you, Ade.