Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Mom = Little time for blogging

I know it's been a while... and for those of you who have been asking for pictures I hope you enjoy! I have very legitimate reasons for the lack of posts in the last few weeks:

A. When Ben lays down for a nap, Mom lays down for a nap
B. I have been practicing to defeat any standing records for fastest diaper changer, including Desitin application
C. I spend minimum 4 hours a day feeding Ben- I sometimes refer to him as my newest appendage
D. "E" has been airing Legends of the Fall" for the past week every afternoon around 1:00 ET. Need I say more?

So I hope you will forgive me for neglecting the blog... I promise to try and do better! In all honesty, Nick and I are adjusting pretty well to what we consider to be our "new normal." I love being a Mom. I have learned to eat standing up over the kitchen sink, that a hot homemade meal is a luxury, I can live comfortably off of limited and very interrupted sleep, and that I can't carry a tune (even Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star). More importantly, I have learned that there is nothing more precious than holding, squeezing, and loving my son. He is perfect in every way, and I can't think of a better way to spend my days than at home caring for him. Thankfully, he is not judgemental of my singing.


This is Ben's face while I'm singing my rendition of that "Bushel and a Peck"
song that my Mom always used to sing to us...

Behold... my camo clad little man

Pooooooor Gunther... feeling very neglected


All bundled up, ready for a walk!

Proud Papa





1 comment:

M. C. said...

so cute ade! I am excited to see Ben this weekend!!! I will need your address