From the time my work day ended on Friday to this moment right now on Sunday evening as I am finally sitting down on my couch (ahhh) we have been going non-stop! Here's how the last 48 hours have played out for us...
Ben's Grandma and Grandpa Vollmer wanted to have Ben to their house this summer, so we agreed to let them take him for the weekend. I'm a little selfish with my time with Ben on the weekends being a full time working Mom. Saturdays and Sundays are the precious few days that I get Ben all to myself, so it was very hard to give him up. Nonetheless, Ben had such a great time with his Grandma and Grandpa, and it was good for Nick and I to have some time to be "Nick and Ade" vs. "Mommy and Daddy" for a little while;) SO- Scott and Cathy came after work Friday, we played with Ben for a while and gave him dinner, then they were off to Francesville until we would go to pick Ben up on Sunday. Here are a few photos of Ben having a blast and playing hard all weekend...

Ben sitting on the lawnmower with Grandpa- I'm pretty sure they didn't really drive anywhere, just sat on it. At least that's what they told me so I didn't have a heart attack!

Ben sitting in his "beep-beep", which used to belong to his Daddy

He must have played hard- he was HUNGRY! I don't think he could get the food in fast enough!

Just chillin' in the swing

This is what pure joy looks like on a 1 year old's face
So while Ben played and played in Francesville for the weekend, Nick and I were busy here in Indy. Friday night after they left we went on a dinner date to one of our favorite restaurants, Kona Grill, for some good drinks and sushi. Saturday morning, Nick golfed with some work coworkers while I got a pedicure. After his golf game, we met up at Nick's boss's house for an afternoon by the pool with all of the SYSCO salesmen that make up Nick's district and their spouses.
Saturday evening we headed to Erin and Mike's house for some delicious kabob's and just an evening with good food and good company. They had also invited our friends Kristen and Andy, who were trying to take their minds off the fact that Kristen was 39 weeks pregnant and a little more than ready have that baby! We had a great evening- the six of us just sat around and chatted and drank some wine- it was perfect. Well Erin's spicy buffalo chicken dip must have done the trick for Kristen- we were notified this morning that she was up all night Saturday night with contractions, went to the hospital Sunday morning early, and today they welcomed their little boy Charlie into the world! (More on this to come- I hope to be visiting them soon!)
By Sunday morning I couldn't wait to get my hands on Ben!! Nick and I headed up to Francesville to pick him up and spent most of the day up there. I had a wedding shower to go to a little further north, so it worked out well. By the time I got back from the shower and we hit the road to return to Indy again, it was almost 7:00.
Needless to say, I'm glad to be home, and I think I need an extra day off to recuperate from my weekend!! I guess there is a reason why Monday's are so hard...



No comments:
Post a Comment