Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome Violet Yvonne

Today, we truly have something to be thankful for. My brother Anthony and his wife Jennifer welcomed their 2nd child into the world, a perfect little girl named Violet Yvonne (after Grandma Gutwein, of course). She was born shortly after noon and weighed in at 8lbs and 5oz. I really do forget sometimes how much of a miracle little babies are until I hold one just like Violet... only 7 hours old and so very dependent.

I can't believe I have 4 nieces now!!! What in the world- I guess we'll either have to have another little boy or hope for a nephew sometime in the near future so Ben has a cousin to play with. He'll just have to stick with his friend Owen for now:)

Enjoy a few snapshots of Violet! She has the best little chubby cheeks!!




Proud Papa


7 comments:

Sandra said...

I had seen that Allison was an aunt again, and I really had no idea who's side it was on. Didn't know Anthony's wife was pregnant. Congrats to you as well. Its fun being an aunt. I know how you feel with having nieces and hardly any playmates for your son. However let me tell you one thing I have found...that my boys play better with all their girl cousins( 7 of them) than they did with their 2 boy cousins.
Thanks for posting pictures of your sweet little niece violet!!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

let me clarify....now that my boys are older they do get along REALLY great with their boy cousins. It was just harder for them when they were younger.

emilykate said...

Thanks for posting pictures. So cute and love the name. I would guess she won't be the only great-granddaughter to have that middle name. The most amazing woman to be named after. :)

Linda said...

Loved seeing these pictures- How exciting!

AllisonStarr said...

I'm glad Sandra said something about playing with girl cousins! Ben will LOVE to play with his girl cousins!!!!! Girls rock! (Ben rocks, too!!!!) Oh, and I heart Violet, what a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Tell Anthony congrats for me...when I talked to him at Andre and Maddison's baptism he said that they were expecting #2 this fall. I hope that all went well for them and wish them the best.