Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rough River

Ahhhh, vacation. Even if it's a 3 1/2 day weekend, it's always worth it. For Labor Day weekend, Nick and I were invited by our good friends Erin and Mike down to Erin's family lake house in Kentucky. They have a beautiful vacation home on Rough River Lake, just a short few hours journey from Indianapolis. So Friday afternoon Erin and I left work and loaded up Owen and Ben from daycare and hit the road. Nick and Mike had to work a little later, so they drove down separately... I think they were just trying to avoid spending over 3 hours in a car with 2 babies!! The boys did great on the car ride though, and were very good babies all weekend.

We had such a wonderful time. Erin's parents, Eric and Leslie, were amazing. They had enough food there to feed a small army... and I think I ate everything in sight! From waffles to big steak dinners... we definitely didn't go hungry! The name of the game was relax, so that is just what we did! It was fun to see Ben and Owen play together, go on a boat ride, and even get their first bath together;) For me the best part was being able to truly relax and not have anything to do. We took walks, took the boat out for some water sports, played around on the jet ski, took naps, and just had a good time hanging out together!

We owe a BIG thank you to Erin, Mike, and the Ballenger family for sharing your family vacation spot with us for the weekend- we loved it!

I had so many pictures it was hard to choose! Here are some of my faves...

Ben and Owen in their matching Lake shirts

They were wrestling... looks like Ben's weight advantage didn't matter:)


Proud Mommas


I swear he doesn't have anything in those cheeks... go ahead, squeeze for yourself!



Ben was up most mornings at 6:15, so I was lucky enough to see the beautiful KY sunrise



Bundled up for an evening cruise on the boat



Proud Papas



Erin and Owen take in the fresh lake air



Ben looks a little uncomfortable in the life jacket



Had to end with this one- what a cutie!!

No comments: