We just returned from a week of pure bliss. 8 nights, 7 full days, at Mom and Ralph's beautiful condo in Clearwater, Florida. Over the years of traveling down to Clearwater, we truly have grown to love the area. Maybe it is the familiarity of it, or that you know it is clean and safe. Whatever it is, I always know that I can truly "relax". And that is what we did.
Nick's Dad Scott and his wife Cathy travelled with us for the first few days. It was so nice to have extra hands there to help with Ben. Nick and I were actually able to go on a date one night! We enjoyed having them there and Ben loved having his Grandpa and Grandma there too. They flew out Tuesday and we spend the last half on our own, just the 3 of us. The whole week was perfect, I wouldn't change a thing!
I'll be honest, these following pictures capture the true heart of what this vacation was. Pool, beach, play with Ben. That was our agenda. And I'm really beginning to wonder what in the world I took pictures of before Ben was born?! I mean seriously- EVERY picture since March 18th 2010 on my camera has been of Ben!! I guess I shouldn't complain, he's pretty much worth it:) So here are our pictures of BEN on vacation!!

Ahhh... the $10 Meijer special umbrella stroller- we bought this specifically knowing that it would get beat up in the airport and back and forth to the pool/beach ect. It was the best $10 that we have ever spent!

Our first morning at the condo- and yes- this is Ben OFFICIALLY walking! He is now off and running- well okay maybe just off and walking- but he is doing a great job! Nick and I were happy to watch him during this transition.
Picture #1 of "the foot". For meals, Mom has this clamp on the side highchair seat that we attached right to the counter- it worked out perfectly. Except... little man felt the need to have his foot up and through the top of the chair while he was eating. Doesn't that look uncomfortable?! Every meal- here comes the foot.

All greased up in his new swim shirt and spf 60+ sunblock... I'm ready to swim Mom!!

Add matching plaid swim trunks and a plaid hat for more sun protection... now he's really ready to go!
Chillin' by the pool with Dad- notice the new hat. Mom bought Ben this blue speedo hat that is made of special material to act as sunblock- he miraculously left in on pretty much the whole time!
Mommy and Ben taking his first swim in the pool. It didn't take long before the raft was out and he preferred jumping off of the side and into the water and whoever was close enough to catch him:)

Now down to the beach- I'm not sure about this Dad.
Posing with Mom- behind us is one of the beautiful views off of the balcony of the condo.
Playing with Grandma and Grandpa by the pool- I told you we didn't do much of anything!
Out to dinner at Backwater's- Ben must not have been too thrilled with the Elmo bib that he was wearing.

Okay- nearing the end of the week and the blue speedo had wasn't such a big hit anymore!

Picture #2 of "the foot"
Ben on the beach- the tall building in the background on the right is where we stayed.
I love this shot- captures the essence of our vacation.



No comments:
Post a Comment