Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Catching Up...

I'm embarrassed that it has been a month since I last posted anything on here. I really wish that I had some amazing story or really fascinating excuse, but the truth is it's been a busy month and blogging was a little low on the priority list! And that sums up the glamourous life of a working Mom:)

We have honestly been very busy. Since Ben's birthday celebration we've had baby showers to attend, more birthday's to celebrate, and even a quick weekend work trip to Orlando. All that and keeping up with a one year old- you get the picture!

Ben is doing great. He is like a little sponge, repeating and mimicking our every word and movement. A few of my favorites:

  • He is now saying "Allllll done" when he finishes a meal or snack. This comes out more like "Awwww duh"
  • He is standing on his own with no assistance and yes, just tonight he actually took his first couple of steps! Long way to go before he's walking, but it's a start!
  • Everything round in shape is "ball" to him. This is by far his favorite word. All of his toy soccer, baseball, basketballs= "ball". Blueberries= "ball". Rocks= "ball". Easter Eggs= "ball". We're working on this one.
  • He gets a hold of my cell phone and holds it up to his ear like he's talking. Do you think this is a sign that I'm on my phone too much?
Here are some cute and random recent pictures. By the way, notice that fine looking haircut in the piano pictures! His botched haircut from cookie cutters finally grew out, so I took him to my hair lady in Fishers and she did a fantastic job:)


Ben's new shoes for summer- little Keen's! It was no easy task to track down a shoe to fit his little round foot- this is as close as it gets.


One of his favorite things- pounding away on the piano. I like to think I'm giving him lessons but I think that might be a little premature.


Bathtime! Daddy gave him a little suds hat:)




1 comment:

lav said...

About time for an update! Love that little Stinker Bug!!