For those of you who took Spanish at West Central High School with Senora, you might remember the names of our Spanish books... Bienvenidos! This means "welcome" en Espanol. Well, I had a chance to practice my broken Spanglish from high school last week when Nick and I took a much needed getaway trip to Puerto Vallarta with our friends Mike and Erin Watts. So... as the title of this blog states... bienvenidos a Puerto Vallarta!!
We had such an amazing time- much of it having to do with the great company we had while traveling. It was so relaxing to hang out with our friends every day, every evening, with no responsibilities on any of our plates. Erin and I pretty much staked claim to a few lounge chairs by the pool each day, while Mike and Nick wandered the resort, floated in the pool with their beers, and played the "lazy games" to pass time. In the evenings we picked our restaurant of choice for the night, ate dinner, and cozied up in the lounge for drinks and entertainment. Does it get much better?
The one thing tugging at my heart strings every day was thoughts of my precious little boy at home. Nick and I missed Ben like you wouldn't believe, but it was reassuring to know he was in great hands. Nick's parents all took turns rotating down to our house in Indy to stay with Ben, and I know he had a great time being spoiled by his Grandma's and Grandpa. I have to say, even though we missed him, it was so good for Nick and I to have some time on our own to reconnect- all you old married couples out there with kids know what I mean!
So thank you to Mike and Erin for making the trip for Nick and I so memorable! I hope you all enjoy the pictures below- just a little taste of our getaway!
I must have been squeezing Nick's neck a little tight in this one. This was on Thursday evening at the resort when we stayed out until wee hours of the morning acting like young people again... it was so much fun!
Erin and I play a mean game of Jenga. We have the around the neck female water bottles to prove it.
Nick and Mike doing what they can to stay cool in the heat! Drinking a Cantarito- very tasty lime/grapefruit tequila drink...mmmm....
My view from my lounge chair on the beach late one afternoon. Erin and I escaped down here for some peace and quiet to read our books before taking in a massage. Rough life, I know.
Our Canadian friend that we made at the resort snapped this picture of the four of us on the beach. Apparently they don't use the "zoom" feature much in Canada.



1 comment:
I spent one of my college spring breaks in Puerto Vallarta...loved it! And definitely loved Pipi's!
Post a Comment